Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just don't stop. No, don't do it.

Well I've made it through the first few days, and let me tell you it hasn't been easy. Now it's not the workouts that are bad at this point, it is just working out. The guide from trinewbies emphasized...DO NOT skip a workout in the first couple of weeks. The author emphasized that it is as much about getting in the habit of working as actually working out, and oh that habit! In a week that my allergies have been wreaking havoc on my nose, and I've generally been feeling blah getting out there is the hardest part. It is Thursday though, and I've almost made it.

Here is the summary:
Monday-Off
Tuesday-Run 15 minutes and Swim 500 (with breaks and some breast stroke)
Wednesday-Bike 7.5 miles
Thursday-Bike 5.6 miles

I know the distances seem low, but I did everything on the sheet so far except for one 15 minute run. I will complete that this weekend. I had to bike two days in a row because I will be away from home and will not be bringing my bike.

Top two lessons I've learned so far besides Don't Stop!:
1. Even for a 5 mile ride it is worth the extra effort to put on bike shorts.
2. If I'm going to be more active, then I will need to keep more food at home.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll update you again once I clear the weekend hump.

No comments:

Post a Comment