Monday, June 28, 2010

Tomorrow is here.

To catch you up, for five years I have been saying that I want to do a triathlon. No, I don't have crazy ambitions to complete an Ironman or even an Olympic distance race, I only want to do a sprint triathlon. Still I have been unable to remain committed to a training regimen for any physical activity since in high school-I graduated in 2001. Back then it was easy! Practices right after school, a dedicated group of athletes and friends to practice with, and consistent competition to feed my personal hunger to get better and to win.

Now here I am 27 years old, and for the first time I have the summer off and should easily be able to find the time. Sure, I know one can always find the time, but I have chosen not to. Perhaps for the first time I feel ready to choose to make the time? Perhaps I just worry that if I don't do it now I never will? Maybe I just want to set a goal and try to achieve it? Whatever the reasons here it is:

THE GOAL: Complete a sprint distance triathlon in September and feel good physically and mentally after the race (note that at this point I have zero goals for time or speed).

THE STRATEGY: I am beginning with an 11 week training program from Trinewbies.com. I know I will modify this along the way, but it is a starting point.

So here is goes...the training begins tomorrow. For years I have said maybe next year or I'll start tomorrow, but now is the time. Tomorrow is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment